4.26.2010

One of Job's positive qualities

Job 23:10-12
"But He knows the way I take;
When He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold.
My foot has held fast to His path;
I have kept His way and not turned aside.
I have not departed from the command of His lips;
I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my necessary food."

Job affirmed his conviction that God knows what was going on and what was in his heart. Though he did not understand the work of Satan and felt that God was testing him, he still believed that because his attitudes were basically good, God understood him and that he would emerge better than before. He knew that in going through all these, he "shall come forth as gold", meaning that everything would turn our for good in the end. He knew he would come forth a better person, refined like gold, of precious value.

No comments:

Post a Comment